How To Get Here?
- From the Main Dashboard: Scroll down until you see the Customer Segmentation Widget.
- Then click on Segmentation Rules.
What is it for ?
- Customer Segmentation is a way to assign customers to a named performance tier, based on the specific sales behavior of the customer
- You can, for example, group your customers into different tiers, like Platinum, Gold, Silver …
- The assignment of a customer to a specific tier will be performed automatically by SellerLegend, based on the customer’s sales performance
- You can name the individual tiers (segment) to your own liking
- You can assign different individual tiers (segments) per marketplace
- You can define the financial or units amounts that bind a customer to a specific tier (segment)
- Once the segmentation rules are defined, SellerLegend automatically maintains the segments as customers place more orders
Where Can I See The Outcome Of Customer Segmentation?
- In the Customer Segmentation Widget of the main Marketplace Dashboard
- The widget shows a pie chart with the proportion of each customer segment for the chosen Marketplace
- In the Customers List Screen
- The column Tier shows the segment the customer belongs to
- In the Order Modal Screen, when you click on any Order number
- There is a Tier field in the Customer Details section of the modal which shows the segment the customer belongs to
(*) denotes features not yet implemented at the time of writing
- Choose Your Marketplace Account
- Select the marketplace whose customers you want to segment into tiers
- You can have a different set of segmentation rules per marketplace
- Threshold Type
- Chose how you wish to measure customer sales performance to assign the customer to a tier
- Your choices are
- By Number Of Orders
- By Number Of Units
- By Total Customer Profit
- By Total Customer Revenue
- Tier Name and Threshold
- Define and name up to 10 different tiers for each marketplace
- The Tier Name can be anything you wish
- The Threshold is the number of orders|units or amount of profit|revenue which the customer needs to accumulate to belong to the specific tier
- The customer is assigned to the Tier Name when he/she exceeds the number/amount specified in Threshold
- In the screenshot above, the customer will be assigned to the Platinum tier is he/she exceeds $200.00 in total profit (assuming this is defined for a US marketplace)
- Still, in the example above, the customer will be assigned to the Gold tier if he/she exceeds $100.00 profit, up to $199.99.
- The best way to define the tiers is to start at the top tier and enter the amount to exceed for the customer to qualify for that tier
- Next, enter the second highest level and threshold to exceed
- Thresholds can be negative, so you can also segment customers which have caused you a loss into a separate tier.