How Do I Reveal/Hide Additional Screen Columns?
Use The Views Button
- On Table Screens (but not on Dashboards) there is a red button to the right of the Screen.
- This red button is called the Views Selector/Views Manager
- If you have not yet created any new views, the Views Selector button name will show “Default View”
- If you have created new views, however, the Views Selector button may show the name of the currently selected view
- To reveal or hide columns, click on the Views Selector button
- Clicking on the Views Selector button will reveal a drop-down list of all the available columns for the table you are viewing
- Ticking/Unticking the white box next to the column name will respectively show or hide the column from view on the table
- Once you have selected/deselected the columns of your choice, click on the green ‘Save Changes And Apply’ button
- The table screen will now refresh and show/hide the desired columns
- Note that even though a specific column may not be shown on the table, you can still filter on the content of a hidden column
Why Are There Hidden Columns?
- In screens containing table data, we have tried to only show essential data relevant for most use cases.
- Our intention was to minimize horizontal scrolling as much as possible, as well as making the screens more manageable by reducing the number of fields.
- However, we do hold much more information about each of the major entities (Orders, Products, Customers …) that is practical to show on one screen.
- Many data columns you may want to see are available for viewing but hidden from sight.