How Do I Define, Assign And View Product Groups ?
Step 1: Define A Product Group
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Product Groups rectangular button
- This will take you to The Product Groups Settings Screen
- Click on the + New button on the top right side of the taskbar.
- Enter a group name in the Group Title box
- Click on Save
Step 2: Assign A Product Group
- Go To Products –> Products List
- This will take you to the Products List Screen
- Find the product you’d want to assign a product group to
- Click on the Red Actions button
- Click on Edit Product.
- Under the Product Settings Tab, scroll down to the Product Grouping section
- Click on the Product Group drop-down box
- Select the product group name of your choice
- Click on Save
Step 3: View Product Groups Financials
- Go to any screen where you can find the “Group Statistics By” tab on top (e.g. Sales Statistics screen) and click on it.
- In the popup window that appears on the right, click on the option labeled “Product Group” and then wait for the page to reload.
- Now you can see all the information aggregated by product group, that is the sum of all the products belonging to a product group.
- You can also see the product group a product belongs to on any of the product-related screens
Frustrated Selecting Product Groups For 1,000’s of Products?
- In the Products List screen, click on the square in the Actions buttons of all products you want to assign the same product group to
- Click on the Edit button which is in the column headings row
- This will bring up the Edit Products screen, where you can assign the product group to all selected products simultaneously
- Click on Save and the product group will be propagated to all the selected products in one go
- And here’s a Godsend, How to bulk-update product groups in batch using an Excel sheet
Hints & Tips!
- Product Groups are saved on the parent account, so their names are visible to all the guest users
- But guest users will not be able to see the data for product groups that belong to marketplaces/accounts not assigned to them.
- So if a guest does not have access to a marketplace, they will not be able to see data for product groups that are part of that marketplace, even though their names will appear on dropdown lists and such.