Only To An Extent
- In a day and age where prestigious global organizations, governments, political organizations … heck, even the NSA is hacked on a regular basis, we would be insulting your intelligence by telling you your data is never at risk.
- Unlike our competition, we’d rather tell you the how things really are, rather than tell you what you would like to hear.
- Your data is at risk by the mere fact that it resides on servers connected to the internet.
- This is a fact, not only for SellerLegend but also for ANY website you use, including those belonging to your banks and financial institutions.
- By using SellerLegend, you are deemed to understand, underwrite and accept that risk.
- Having said that, we do take as many precautions as we know of, to protect your data.
What Do We Do To Safeguard Your Data?
- We are hosting your data on the safest hosting environment commercially available to-date.
- Our hosting is provided by the Amazon AWS platform
- This is not a cheap, run-of-the-mill Hostgator or Godaddy hosting solution
- Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) and Relational Database Service (RDS) are the pinnacle of commercial web hosting solutions in terms of security
- As you can read on their site they …
… provide the same level of security that organizations like Pfizer, Intuit, and the US Navy rely on
- The data transmitted between your browser and our servers are encrypted by a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate
- SSL is used to keep sensitive information sent across the Internet encrypted so that only the intended recipient can understand it.
- SSL also provides authentication. This means you can be sure that you are sending information to the right server and not to a criminal’s server.
- All our servers are part of a Virtual Private Network, and only the web server is connected to the Web
- Your email address, password, and Amazon MWS API keys are salted and encrypted on our servers
- Which means that even if our servers were hacked, hackers would still not be able to make sense of your sensitive data
- Our servers are regularly updated to fix newly-discovered security vulnerabilities
- Our support team requires your specific approval before logging in to your SellerLegend account should this be needed to assist in resolving any issues you may have
- We have developed SellerLegend using the Laravel Development Framework
- Laravel comes pre-packaged with all the development security best practices so that sensitive code is not left to possible coding errors due to lack of developer experience.
- Laravel also integrates the knowledge of tens of thousands of developers and provides working building blocks of code for the majority of the common development tasks. This results in fewer errors, higher system availability, stability as well as security.
- Your credit card details are never held on our servers and we have no access to your card details.
- None of us at SellerLegend are Amazon Sellers
- This often comes as a surprise to subscribers
- We consider that providing a service like SellerLegend and being an active Amazon seller may constitute a conflict of interest, or at a minimum, give the impression of such a conflict.
- We are committed not to share any of your data with any party, unless required by law