How Does SellerLegend Determine The COGS For An Order ?
Matching Order Dates To Cost Periods
- On the Orders screen, for every order item, you will see a column called ‘COGS‘.
- This column represents the Cost Of Goods for that product at the time when the product order was placed.
- For any given order, SellerLegend will take its ‘Order Date‘ and try and find a Cost Period which contains the order date.
- A Cost Period is selected if the Order Date falls between the From Date and To Date of the Cost Period.
- If such Cost Period is found, the Order COGS is set to the COGS within that Cost Period.
- If there is no such Cost Period found, the Order COGS is set to 0.
Tips And Tricks !
- The most recent Cost Period should have a To Date set to a few years beyond today’s date, to encompass all future orders.