How To Get Here?
- From the menu: Products–> Products List
- Find the product of your choice
- Click on the Actions button
- Select Edit Product from the drop-down box
- Under the Product Settings Tab, scroll down until you see the Product Grouping section.
What is it for?
- Provide information which will allow group products with similar characteristics
- Product Groups provide a one to one relationship: a product can only be part of one group
- Product Tags provide a many to many relationships: a product can have many tags, the same tag can apply to many products
- Settlement Periods can show financials consolidated by Product Groups
- Filters on product screens can filter on any Product Tag
Hints And Tips!
- You will need to define the distinct product groups first by using the Product Groups settings screen
- Using tags in Filters allows you to show products with similarly tagged characteristics
- You can only assign one Product Group to a product
- You can assign many Product Tags to the same product
- Product Groups are saved on the parent account, so their names are visible to all the guest users
- But guest users will not be able to see the data for product groups that belong to marketplaces/accounts not assigned to them.
- So if a guest does not have access to a marketplace, they will not be able to see data for product groups that are part of that marketplace, even thought their names will appear on dropdown lists and such.
(*) denotes features not yet implemented at the time of writing
- Product Group
- Clicking on the Product Group field will show a drop-down list of all the groups defined through the Product Groups Settings screen
- Select the product group of your choice to assign to this particular product
- Once a product has been assigned to a Product Group, the product participates in the financials for the product group, as shown in the Settlement Periods screen
- If the desired product group is not on the list, you will need to define it first
- Learn how to create Product Groups
- Tags are just labels that you assign to products to assign them specific business-related characteristics
- In the example above, we have tagged the product with a set of labels that identify an obsolete, discontinued product
- Click on the Tags box
- Enter any keyword or sentence you want to tag the product with
- Press the Tab key, the keyword or sentence is converted into a searchable product tag
- You can remove product tags by clicking on the x at the top right of any tag